Monday, November 11, 2013

Day # 11 - Have You Hugged a Veteran Today??


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."  

 (Semper Fidelis - always faithful) 

With grateful thanks and appreciation to all who answered "duty's call" and served our nation proudly, nobly and with distinction.   I come from a family full of Veterans, and I am profoundly appreciative of the service and sacrifices of each one of them.  I have, likewise, many friends who have also served, and whom I honor, respect and thanks equally.  

I guess I wouldn't be telling the whole truth if I didn't acknowledge the fact that my "favorite" Veteran of all time is my husband, the Rev. Terry DeLand, who served in the United States Navy during the Viet Nam War - an EXCELLENT example of one who didn't want to go to war and did it anyway for the good of more than just himself.  Thanks Terry . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment