Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day # 14 - For Autumn and Season Changes



"To Everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven . . . "

I've always thought that fall was the most beautiful time of year.  I am at my most productive and creative in the fall, and I absolutely LOVE going out and about in the beautiful foliage!!!  I guess it figures that Terry and I BOTH fell in love with a house that had a gazillion hardwood trees in the yard and neighborhood!!!  We put our initial offer on the house in October of 2011, so we had a pretty good idea then how beautiful it would be . . . by the time we negotiated the price and were ready for the inspection,  it was October 31st and the foliage was gorgeous.  

I don't think I would be happy anywhere that didn't have seasons.  I loved visiting in Southern California when my family was still alive who lived there, but I never quite got the beach scene or the flowers in full bloom in December . . . the closest I came to pretty foliage was the Angeles National Forest which was reasonably nearby.   I think I would absolutely curl up and wither away in a climate like Arizona or Florida or south Texas, etc.

I am thankful for Autumn and for changing colors and the vibrancy of nature and the Carolina blue skies.  I love the feeling in the air that "something is happening and something is coming".  I guess some of it is my love of the fall holidays.  

"And I say to myself, what a wonderful world . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment